About Me

My photo
Monroe, Ohio, United States
Began my photography career as most people do...the highschool yearbook. Upon graduation I attended the US Naval Photography School in Pensacola Fla. After getting a qualification in basic photography and then later attending their Portrait School,was assigned to a military operation. Experiences included USO photography for Bob Hope, Brooke Shields, Kathy Lee Crosby and Wayne Newton.Have also had the opportunity for travel assignments to places such as Beruit, Israel, Africa, Australia, Brazil, Italy, Spain and England. Upon exiting the Navy in 1984,opened up a Tanning Salon and Health Club in Oxford,Ohio and began photographing weddings, all as a vehicle to fund my way through college. I enjoy travel, sports photography, special event and Cincinnati Reds photography. I am frequently contracted as a sports photographer by parents, sports teams, and organizations,throughout the Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio areas, to provide the highest quality sports photography, both on an individual and team basis.

August 25, 2009

Can You Spot Me Some Gear?

Here's a great twist on an old scam that has been around the net for a few years.

On August 20th I get a random email from Jason. (I figure he came across my site)
********************************************************************************

Hello,
My name is Jason B. Clark and I wanted to contact you as I am 7 classes short of my associate degree and I am at a crossroads in my academic future. Do I continue with my marketing plan or do I pursue a photojournalistic approach and considera sports photography career. I have always wanted to use my passion for athletics and desire for capturing the big moment. I would like more information on how everythign works and if you think I would be an good addition to your team. I am located in Illinois right outside Saint Louis, Missouri and I would love to start a team here..

Jason B. Clark
**********************************************************************************

Now, I'm always willing to talk with someone about photography. I'm in Cincinnati, Ohio and he is in St. Louis, so I emailed him back and asked him for a phone number. And I promptly recieve a reply.
***********************************************************************************

You can reach me at 6183983431 and if I am not available just leave me a message and i will get back with you. Thank You

Jason
************************************************************************************

So I called and left a message. I called as soon as the email came through because I just happened to be sitting at my desk the minute it came. And then last night I get this email
************************************************************************************

What are the steps for us? I got your call the other night and had to work all weekend. I might be able to develop a event portfolio easy as I will be covering a concert series next spring possibly. I wanted to see if you would be willing to spot me some equiptment to get things rolling? I know this is something that is unheard of but we will be working with some major stars that will be visiting our location and i will be setting up the meet and greets.

Jason
************************************************************************************

Now Jason must have not went to the Nigerian Technical College for email scams, because he left out a few of the romancing steps and went right for the hook, but he did pay attention in the classes that taught poor sentence structure, missed capitals and poor spelling along with using a hard to trace email account like Yahoo.

I keep an update running if there is future requests. I told him that I would only "spot" equipment if he was bonded for $5000 cash and asked who the big name celebrities would be.





Posted by Cincinnati and Dayton Sports Photographer Vincent Rush of Monroe, Ohio. For more information (877) 858-6295

No comments:

Post a Comment