About Me

My photo
Monroe, Ohio, United States
Began my photography career as most people do...the highschool yearbook. Upon graduation I attended the US Naval Photography School in Pensacola Fla. After getting a qualification in basic photography and then later attending their Portrait School,was assigned to a military operation. Experiences included USO photography for Bob Hope, Brooke Shields, Kathy Lee Crosby and Wayne Newton.Have also had the opportunity for travel assignments to places such as Beruit, Israel, Africa, Australia, Brazil, Italy, Spain and England. Upon exiting the Navy in 1984,opened up a Tanning Salon and Health Club in Oxford,Ohio and began photographing weddings, all as a vehicle to fund my way through college. I enjoy travel, sports photography, special event and Cincinnati Reds photography. I am frequently contracted as a sports photographer by parents, sports teams, and organizations,throughout the Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio areas, to provide the highest quality sports photography, both on an individual and team basis.

May 25, 2010

Game Winner


Maybe even better than the sports action photograph shot by a professional sports photographer with the best Nikon or Canon equipment, is the "Moment" shot.

I was shooting, not the Cincinnati Reds, but the Eaton, Ohio, Henny Penny Reds of the Eaton Little League Association.

As a meaningless side note, I used to work at Henny Penny in the warehouse in 1986 and I played softball for Henny Penny that same year.

I had been watching this player crush the ball all day and he was beginning to dial in the pitcher. I just happened to catch him in full swing, dropping the bat and taking the home run trot on this series, but the best picture of all was the "Moment" he was swamped by his team mates as he had hit the game winning blast.

The ONLY thing that would have made this shot any better, would have been if he had just held his head up.

Being a great sports photographer in my opinion has a lot to do with anticipation and a feel for the flow of the game.

People will ask me at CINCINNATI SPORTS PHOTOGRAPHY http://cincinnatisportsphotography.com
how I always seem to be in the right place at the right time. I often comment that I study the game that I am covering and I pay attention to the players tendencies. Sure I attribute luck to it also, but there is nothing more rewarding than being at that right place at that exact moment and you look up and the other photographers are standing around comparing the size of their lenses...or what ever they discuss in their huddle.

Posted by Cincinnati and Dayton Sports Photographer Vincent Rush of Monroe, Ohio. For more information (877) 858-6295

No comments:

Post a Comment