About Me

My photo
Monroe, Ohio, United States
Began my photography career as most people do...the highschool yearbook. Upon graduation I attended the US Naval Photography School in Pensacola Fla. After getting a qualification in basic photography and then later attending their Portrait School,was assigned to a military operation. Experiences included USO photography for Bob Hope, Brooke Shields, Kathy Lee Crosby and Wayne Newton.Have also had the opportunity for travel assignments to places such as Beruit, Israel, Africa, Australia, Brazil, Italy, Spain and England. Upon exiting the Navy in 1984,opened up a Tanning Salon and Health Club in Oxford,Ohio and began photographing weddings, all as a vehicle to fund my way through college. I enjoy travel, sports photography, special event and Cincinnati Reds photography. I am frequently contracted as a sports photographer by parents, sports teams, and organizations,throughout the Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio areas, to provide the highest quality sports photography, both on an individual and team basis.

November 2, 2009

New York Yankees and A-Rod



I for one am glad to see the Yankees and A-Rod having the kind of post season they are. Why? Because I love winners and organizations that put winning ahead of budgets.

Granted the Yankees seem to have no budget, but I have always loved the way that the organization is run and the history and tradition behind the storied franchise.

I personally have no problem with what A-Rod is paid. I would take every dime of it if they were paying me. I'm just glad to see the greatest baseball player of our generation, about to add a World Series Ring to his trophy case. He has totally become the new modern day Mr. October / November. His average in the World Series has not been great, but he has showed up in the biggest of moments. A-Rod has been the entire post season MVP.

I'm a huge Derrick Jeter fan as well and I look forward to telling my grand kids about the Yankees of my era and what a great example Derrek Jeter was for the youth of the day.

I shot this sports photograph of Alex going deep against the Detroit Tigers on Labor Day 2008 in Detroit.

While the series is not over, the "Fat Lady" appears to be warming up her pipes to sing the final notes of the 2009 Major League Baseball season.
Posted by Cincinnati and Dayton Sports Photographer Vincent Rush of Monroe, Ohio. For more information (877) 858-6295

No comments:

Post a Comment