About Me

My photo
Monroe, Ohio, United States
Began my photography career as most people do...the highschool yearbook. Upon graduation I attended the US Naval Photography School in Pensacola Fla. After getting a qualification in basic photography and then later attending their Portrait School,was assigned to a military operation. Experiences included USO photography for Bob Hope, Brooke Shields, Kathy Lee Crosby and Wayne Newton.Have also had the opportunity for travel assignments to places such as Beruit, Israel, Africa, Australia, Brazil, Italy, Spain and England. Upon exiting the Navy in 1984,opened up a Tanning Salon and Health Club in Oxford,Ohio and began photographing weddings, all as a vehicle to fund my way through college. I enjoy travel, sports photography, special event and Cincinnati Reds photography. I am frequently contracted as a sports photographer by parents, sports teams, and organizations,throughout the Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio areas, to provide the highest quality sports photography, both on an individual and team basis.

September 9, 2010

Faces In The Crowd


One of the things I always love to shoot, is what other photographers never do.

There are plenty of sideline shooters looking for the "Immaculate Reception" picture. I'll admit, I am always looking for it to. But being a good photographer is also about being versatile and creative.

In today's High School culture of school spirit, there are some colorful face painting and costume selections in the student sections.

One of the tings I always take time to do is to try to create flattering pictures of the kids. If I see a kid in the picture with bad acne, I will clean it up before I post it. If I see someone with teeth that are not very white, I will touch them up. I always try to be careful and remember how those things affected my self esteem when I was that age.

You also have to double check your images to make sure no one in the background is giving you a "one fingered salute" or showing something they shouldn't. (Yes that has happened!)

I like to use "Selective Color" to bring my subjects to light and blend out the back ground of random fans.

Lets face it, parents or kids, are more likely to buy their pictures, if they look good in those pictures.

This particular photograph is from the Monroe Hornet student section in Monroe, Ohio during a Friday night contest.

Posted by Cincinnati and Dayton Sports Photographer Vincent Rush of Monroe, Ohio. Contact (877) 858-6295

No comments:

Post a Comment