About Me

My photo
Monroe, Ohio, United States
Began my photography career as most people do...the highschool yearbook. Upon graduation I attended the US Naval Photography School in Pensacola Fla. After getting a qualification in basic photography and then later attending their Portrait School,was assigned to a military operation. Experiences included USO photography for Bob Hope, Brooke Shields, Kathy Lee Crosby and Wayne Newton.Have also had the opportunity for travel assignments to places such as Beruit, Israel, Africa, Australia, Brazil, Italy, Spain and England. Upon exiting the Navy in 1984,opened up a Tanning Salon and Health Club in Oxford,Ohio and began photographing weddings, all as a vehicle to fund my way through college. I enjoy travel, sports photography, special event and Cincinnati Reds photography. I am frequently contracted as a sports photographer by parents, sports teams, and organizations,throughout the Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio areas, to provide the highest quality sports photography, both on an individual and team basis.

September 1, 2010

Stuffed


Sometimes a little selective color effect goes a long way to add drama to a picture.

While shooting for a client at a Monroe Hornets home high school football game against Meadowdale, I caught one of my subjects delivering a "slobber knocker" of a hit on an opposing RB.

I'm a big believer in ALWAYS making the home team look good. I see too many "photo dumps" into galleries that have multiple pictures of the home team dropping the ball, getting run over by the opposition or just plain looking awkward.

My sports photography rule of thumb; If you wouldn't be proud to post it on your own wall at home, what makes you think a parent is going to want to buy it and post it on theirs?

For example, I was browsing another photographers page today of a recent game. Their were 6 pages of images, 5 really good shots, (By good shots, I mean, I would have been proud to have shot them) and 100 plus images that were either out of focus, off target or left the viewer wondering, "What the heck was going on in this picture?"

Always make the player or home team you're shooting, look like pros. Always make sure your picture tells a story. Every camera has 1/1000 to 1/1600th of a second shutter speed. Don't fall in love with every image you capture. In a typical football game, I will shoot 700-1200 images yet only keep 20-60 of them.

              Posted by Cincinnati and Dayton Sports Photographer Vincent Rush of Monroe, Ohio.
                                               For more information (877) 858-6295

No comments:

Post a Comment