About Me

My photo
Monroe, Ohio, United States
Began my photography career as most people do...the highschool yearbook. Upon graduation I attended the US Naval Photography School in Pensacola Fla. After getting a qualification in basic photography and then later attending their Portrait School,was assigned to a military operation. Experiences included USO photography for Bob Hope, Brooke Shields, Kathy Lee Crosby and Wayne Newton.Have also had the opportunity for travel assignments to places such as Beruit, Israel, Africa, Australia, Brazil, Italy, Spain and England. Upon exiting the Navy in 1984,opened up a Tanning Salon and Health Club in Oxford,Ohio and began photographing weddings, all as a vehicle to fund my way through college. I enjoy travel, sports photography, special event and Cincinnati Reds photography. I am frequently contracted as a sports photographer by parents, sports teams, and organizations,throughout the Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio areas, to provide the highest quality sports photography, both on an individual and team basis.

September 3, 2009

Angles are Everything



I was asked by an aspiring SPORTS PHOTOGRAPHER the other day, what I was referring to when I talk about the "pro style angle"

In this CINCINNATI sports photo, I use a picture of my own son, taken at the Cincinnati vs. Indianapolis I-74 Series baseball game held in August at University of Cincinnati's Marge Schott Stadium.

Now, like any Father, I love my boy and I love watching him play baseball, but I'm also realistic about his skill level. He's a "happy go lucky" kid that has a lot of heart, but he is not exactly on BASEBALL AMERICA'S Magazine's Top 100 10 Year Old's radar. In fact my nickname for him is "John Kruk Gump" (Hits like Kruk, runs like Gump. A take off on "Willie Mays Hayes")

In SPORTS Photography, a low shot angle gives the players a more majestic grown up look. If you study SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, ESPN MAGAZINE, CINCINNATI REDS or CINCINNATI BENGALS SPORTS PHOTOGRAPHY, you'll notice that very rarely, are the pictures ever taken above eye level.

Because of the angle of this shot, Zachary Rush, looks like a jungle cat getting ready to pounce on a hard smash down the first base line. More importantly, if I'm a Dad looking at this shot of my son, it's very flattering and one I wouldn't mind having a framed 8 x 10 of, in my man cave.

This picture was shot with a NIKON D200 and a NIKKOR 80-200 2.8 lens.

Posted by Cincinnati and Dayton Sports Photographer Vincent Rush of Monroe, Ohio. For more information (877) 858-6295

No comments:

Post a Comment