About Me

My photo
Monroe, Ohio, United States
Began my photography career as most people do...the highschool yearbook. Upon graduation I attended the US Naval Photography School in Pensacola Fla. After getting a qualification in basic photography and then later attending their Portrait School,was assigned to a military operation. Experiences included USO photography for Bob Hope, Brooke Shields, Kathy Lee Crosby and Wayne Newton.Have also had the opportunity for travel assignments to places such as Beruit, Israel, Africa, Australia, Brazil, Italy, Spain and England. Upon exiting the Navy in 1984,opened up a Tanning Salon and Health Club in Oxford,Ohio and began photographing weddings, all as a vehicle to fund my way through college. I enjoy travel, sports photography, special event and Cincinnati Reds photography. I am frequently contracted as a sports photographer by parents, sports teams, and organizations,throughout the Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio areas, to provide the highest quality sports photography, both on an individual and team basis.

September 1, 2009

Piggy Backin



I was talking with a CINCINNATI SPORTS PHOTOGRAPHER by the name of Bryan during a recent Monroe High School Football game in Monroe, Ohio and he was asking me how I manage to get so many interesting sports pictures or how I seem to always be in the right place at the right time.

In asking him what he was referring to, he mentioned that he often visited my site at http://CINCINNATISPORTSPHOTOGRAPHY.COM and saw a lot of my pictures on Capture Cincinnati and WLWT.com's website and commented, "It seems as if you never shoot a bad sports photograph!"

I have to laugh, because I shoot thousands of bad sports pictures. Just having a nice Nikon or Canon camera and a set of good lenses doesn't mean you're flawless.

I will typically shoot 500-600 digital photography images at a sporting event and pic out about 50-60, at the most that I choose to post up on any site. (In one of my next posts, I may explain why I actually post them to all these sites. Hint: there is a method and a purpose to effective social media marketing)

The common mistake most "picture snappers" make is that they feel as if they have to post every image that is in focus on their website and in the process, water down their image or brand on the net.

Everyone can hook a big fish and capture a CINCINNATI REDS or a SPORTS ILLUSTRATED quality SPORTS PHOTOGRAPH with a good motor drive. You don't need a Nikon D3 or a $4000.00 Nikkor lens to do it.

You have to know the sport you're covering, know the angles of the sport and flow of the game, and then carefully choose the pictures that you want to identify your brand of photography.

In CINCINNATI and DAYTON, OHIO (There's a reason I use capital letters, explanation in a future post) one of the greatest compliments I can recieve is when someone says to me, I recognize that as one of you pictures. It's my "brand" and I'm very protective of it.

Posted by Cincinnati and Dayton Sports Photographer Vincent Rush of Monroe, Ohio. For more information (877) 858-6295

No comments:

Post a Comment