About Me

My photo
Monroe, Ohio, United States
Began my photography career as most people do...the highschool yearbook. Upon graduation I attended the US Naval Photography School in Pensacola Fla. After getting a qualification in basic photography and then later attending their Portrait School,was assigned to a military operation. Experiences included USO photography for Bob Hope, Brooke Shields, Kathy Lee Crosby and Wayne Newton.Have also had the opportunity for travel assignments to places such as Beruit, Israel, Africa, Australia, Brazil, Italy, Spain and England. Upon exiting the Navy in 1984,opened up a Tanning Salon and Health Club in Oxford,Ohio and began photographing weddings, all as a vehicle to fund my way through college. I enjoy travel, sports photography, special event and Cincinnati Reds photography. I am frequently contracted as a sports photographer by parents, sports teams, and organizations,throughout the Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio areas, to provide the highest quality sports photography, both on an individual and team basis.

April 10, 2009

Flyin High



In shooting Sports Photography, you may get asked to cover a wide variety of subjects. Baseball and Football are my specialty, but occasionally I get an odd request to do something new. Motorcross is one such event. I went up to a place called Buzzard Valley, somewhere in North Eastern Ohio. I only got two good shots the whole day.

This goes back to what I always say about, understanding the flow of the particular sports in question. I'm an idiot when it comes to this sport. Put me on the Cincinnati Reds, or a Tee-ball team and I'm right at home, but here I was out of my comfort zone.

I positioned my Nikon D200 and monopod at the final jump and let the motodrive fly and was fortunate to nail a good one. I could not see the bikes as they came up the hill, but I could hear them. The overcast day made for great lighting and exposure. The cropping hides the fact that he is only 3 feet above the dirt.

Cropping is one of the most important elements in creating a great sports photo. Sadly enough, many aspiring sports photographers are too lazy to do the extras that seperate them from the masses.

Posted by Cincinnati and Dayton Sports Photographer Vincent Rush of Monroe, Ohio. For more information (877) 858-6295

No comments:

Post a Comment