About Me

My photo
Monroe, Ohio, United States
Began my photography career as most people do...the highschool yearbook. Upon graduation I attended the US Naval Photography School in Pensacola Fla. After getting a qualification in basic photography and then later attending their Portrait School,was assigned to a military operation. Experiences included USO photography for Bob Hope, Brooke Shields, Kathy Lee Crosby and Wayne Newton.Have also had the opportunity for travel assignments to places such as Beruit, Israel, Africa, Australia, Brazil, Italy, Spain and England. Upon exiting the Navy in 1984,opened up a Tanning Salon and Health Club in Oxford,Ohio and began photographing weddings, all as a vehicle to fund my way through college. I enjoy travel, sports photography, special event and Cincinnati Reds photography. I am frequently contracted as a sports photographer by parents, sports teams, and organizations,throughout the Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio areas, to provide the highest quality sports photography, both on an individual and team basis.

April 7, 2009

Pay Dirt



Anticipation, Timing, Understanding of Game Flow and a little luck. Sometimes as a sports photographer, you've got to take a fishermans approach and cast the line out one more time. This was exactly the case while covering the Monroe Hornets 3rd grade football game against the Eaton Eagles.

I was wrapping up an assignment for a parent and heading out of the stadium when I noticed the ball on the far side of the field. Monroe had been running the strong side sweep with success all day. I decided to set up the mono pod and wait. Sure enough this little guy turns the corner and heads 68 yards to pay dirt. I let the moto drive use up its capacity and this was the big fish that got stuffed and mounted.

This picture was also published in the 2008 Capture Cincinnati Book. Shot with a NIkon D200. Monroe Hornet Photograph, Cincinnati Sports Photographer Vincent Rush

No comments:

Post a Comment