About Me

My photo
Monroe, Ohio, United States
Began my photography career as most people do...the highschool yearbook. Upon graduation I attended the US Naval Photography School in Pensacola Fla. After getting a qualification in basic photography and then later attending their Portrait School,was assigned to a military operation. Experiences included USO photography for Bob Hope, Brooke Shields, Kathy Lee Crosby and Wayne Newton.Have also had the opportunity for travel assignments to places such as Beruit, Israel, Africa, Australia, Brazil, Italy, Spain and England. Upon exiting the Navy in 1984,opened up a Tanning Salon and Health Club in Oxford,Ohio and began photographing weddings, all as a vehicle to fund my way through college. I enjoy travel, sports photography, special event and Cincinnati Reds photography. I am frequently contracted as a sports photographer by parents, sports teams, and organizations,throughout the Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio areas, to provide the highest quality sports photography, both on an individual and team basis.

April 21, 2009

Full Speed



Sometimes you're lucky in shooting a sports photograph and sometimes you're set up just right.

One of the things I look for when shooting a game is look of the athelete. In men's softball, you get a lot of different looks, shapes and sizes of ball players. An athlete that moves well, dresses well and presents himself as a professional, will always provide for some good photographic opportunities in a game.

Now while this is not the most important aspect of shooting a sports photograph that will sell to an individual player, they are great gallery photographs that advertise the quality of work that you do.

In this picture, during the 2008 Cincinnati Metro softball tournament at Rumpke Park in Cincinnati, I went and set up in the 3rd base dugout when I saw this player get a base hit. I knew he would be rounding second base and turning it on for third on the first base hit. I intentionally put myself in a position to catch the score board in the shot. The end result was a ball player that was "flying" to the bag and a great action shot.

Not every great sports shot has to be of a pro team like the Cincinnati Reds. In this case I captured a shot of a guy who was a very good athelete and more importantly, a picture he will buy.

Posted by Cincinnati and Dayton Sports Photographer Vincent Rush of Monroe, Ohio. For more information (877) 858-6295

No comments:

Post a Comment