About Me

My photo
Monroe, Ohio, United States
Began my photography career as most people do...the highschool yearbook. Upon graduation I attended the US Naval Photography School in Pensacola Fla. After getting a qualification in basic photography and then later attending their Portrait School,was assigned to a military operation. Experiences included USO photography for Bob Hope, Brooke Shields, Kathy Lee Crosby and Wayne Newton.Have also had the opportunity for travel assignments to places such as Beruit, Israel, Africa, Australia, Brazil, Italy, Spain and England. Upon exiting the Navy in 1984,opened up a Tanning Salon and Health Club in Oxford,Ohio and began photographing weddings, all as a vehicle to fund my way through college. I enjoy travel, sports photography, special event and Cincinnati Reds photography. I am frequently contracted as a sports photographer by parents, sports teams, and organizations,throughout the Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio areas, to provide the highest quality sports photography, both on an individual and team basis.

April 9, 2009

Out of the croutch


One of my favorite shots is to get a picture of a catcher coming up out of the croutch and getting ready to gun a runner down. Now the tricky question is, how do you get an angle that looks like your're at about the pitchers mound? The answer is, that's almost exactly where I am. Although a photograph of a Cincinnati Reds catcher would be an impossiblility, unless you had field credentials, many little league and highschool games I cover, allow me to roam the field in between innings. This allows me to position myself during warm ups and get some great action shots of infielders tossing and losening up.

Once they are posted, no one cane tell the difference between game and warm up shots.

Shot with a Nikon D200 and Nikor lens.


Posted by Cincinnati and Dayton Sports Photographer Vincent Rush of Monroe, Ohio. For more information (877) 858-6295

1 comment:

  1. Let's talk sometime about doing some work for some local sports teams in the area. It may lead to some good connections and opportunities for other photographic leads.

    Mike - Cincinnati Now

    ReplyDelete