About Me

My photo
Monroe, Ohio, United States
Began my photography career as most people do...the highschool yearbook. Upon graduation I attended the US Naval Photography School in Pensacola Fla. After getting a qualification in basic photography and then later attending their Portrait School,was assigned to a military operation. Experiences included USO photography for Bob Hope, Brooke Shields, Kathy Lee Crosby and Wayne Newton.Have also had the opportunity for travel assignments to places such as Beruit, Israel, Africa, Australia, Brazil, Italy, Spain and England. Upon exiting the Navy in 1984,opened up a Tanning Salon and Health Club in Oxford,Ohio and began photographing weddings, all as a vehicle to fund my way through college. I enjoy travel, sports photography, special event and Cincinnati Reds photography. I am frequently contracted as a sports photographer by parents, sports teams, and organizations,throughout the Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio areas, to provide the highest quality sports photography, both on an individual and team basis.

April 11, 2009

TimmyToodles



One of the more unusual sporting events I shot was the Special Olympics Baseball qulifier in Camden, Ohio. I kept noticing this one really talented kid that all the Mom's called "Timmy Toodles". Tim was probably the most gifted kid on the field.In fact I found out that he had competed and did very well in "swing dance" contests and all the other kids looked up to him.

After focusing on him in the outfield for a few plays, a batter hit a routine fly ball to Timmy that he misplayed badly. In a desperation leap he caught the ball and I caught a great photo. From what I understand, this picture not only hangs in his parents RV, but in the Camden, Ohio VFW Hall where the Special Olympic team meets once a month.


Posted by Cincinnati and Dayton Sports Photographer Vincent Rush of Monroe, Ohio. For more information (877) 858-6295

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful photograph captured with a heartfelt message, when one takes the time to read the background on your picture. At first glance it appeared to methat I was looking at a picture of a professional baseball player...and...then, when I read the story, it only further reinforces what I have found to be true in life; That those in Special Olympics put their whole heart and sould into whatever they are doing. This is reflected in the focus of concentration the young man is putting into catching the ball.

    Great Photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete